Founded in 2005 IIW is focused on user-centric digital identity.
Internet Identity Workshop
- #16 will be May 7-9, 2013 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- #17 will be Oct 22-24, 2013
If you want to join the e-mail list that gets announcements about IIW please do so on this page.
What is IIW about? We focus on a range of issues related to “user-centric identity” and “personal data” online and in digital networks of all kinds. People coming to the workshop are keen to proactively address the:
- technical challenges - developing and more importantly implementing open standards
- legal challenges – with a core group of policy and legal talent gathering to develop new paradigms and trust frameworks.
- social challenges – considering technologies, tools and services that are being developed will impact social interactions.
- usability challenges - How are user interfaces created so that people can navigate different identities and understand their data?
- business model challenges – How can we create a thriving network of businesses and services that are in alignment with the end users interests and needs?
- interoperability challenges - How do we follow and share with our friends and businesses when we are on different platforms? – How can credentials created by one organization be used by another company?
- device, server, cloud challenges - Where is the right place to host data? and services and how do they work with the whole range of places and devices?
- NSTIC challenges - http://www.idecosystem.org
IIW is the place where everyone from a diverse range of projects doing the real work of making this vision happen gathers and works intensively for three days. It is the best place to meet and participate with all the key people and projects!
After the brief introduction on the first day there are no formal presentations, no keynotes, no panels. We make the schedule when we are face to face the first day of the conference. We do this in part because the field is moving so rapidly that we your organizing team are in no position to know what needs to be talked about. We do know great people who will be there and it is the attendees who have a passion to learn and contribute to the event that will make it.
The event compiles a book of proceedings with the notes that are gathered from the conference. You can find the Book of Proceedings for IIW7, IIW8, IIW9, IIW10, IIW-Satelite-Europe & IIW Satelite-DC, IIW11, ID-ColabDay-1, IIW12, IIW-Satellite-East, IIW13, ID-ColabDay-2, IIW14 here. BTW these documents are your key to convincing your employer that this event will be valuable. As attendees register we ask about topics they wish to discuss – they are posted here on our wiki.